Northwest Community College

Degree Seeking Students


If you are seeking a degree from Northwestern Connecticut Community College, applying is easy! The application fee is just $20 whether you apply online or by mail. Simply follow these steps:

1. Apply
2. Schedule a placement exam
3. Submit proof of high school completion
4. Submit proof of immunizations
5. Apply for financial aid 
Please see details and links below to complete these steps. 


1a. Complete an Application for Admission online (you must have a credit card number in order to pay the required $20 application fee)

1b. Or print the Application for Admissions and submit the application with the non-refundable $20 application fee to the Office of Admissions, NCCC, Park Place East, Winsted, CT 06098 or fax to (860) 738-6437.  

QUESTIONS?  Contact us!
Phone: (860) 738-6330 

2. Check your email for an application confirmation. Click on the "Next Steps" link in the email to confirm your acceptance and schedule your Accuplacer placement test. 

Applicants who have submitted a completed NCCC application will receive a confirmation email with a link to the "Next Steps" letter and instructions to register for the placement test. 

Practice Test: Students may visit the Accuplacer Placement Test Web site to learn more about the test and access a practice exam. (This is an independent site that does not include test registration. See #2 above for scheduling information.) 

Testing Exemptions: Testing requirements may be waived by submitting proof of standardized testing within the last five years with scores of: SAT Math 510 or higher; SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing 460 or higher; ACT Math score of 17 or higher; ACT combined Writing and Language 37 or higher. Transfer students may be exempt after evaluation of official college transcripts. Call the Office of Admission at (860) 738-6330 if you have questions regarding placement testing exemptions. 


3. Provide documentation of high school education.

For high school students: Send a copy of your current transcript to the Office of Admissions. You will need to send an official transcript to NCCC upon graduation.

For high school graduates/GEDs: Send an official copy of your transcript or GED certificate to the Office of Admissions.


4. Provide immunization documentation.

For those born after December 31, 1956, please provide written proof of adequate protection against measles, mumps, and rubella.


For those born after January 1, 1980, please also provide written proof of adequate protection against Varicella (Chicken Pox).

The Immunization Form may be faxed to Admissions at (860) 738-6437.


5. Apply for Financial Aid

Instructions for New Students. 

For information on how to apply for financial aid go to the financial aid page.