WINSTED, CT – November 29, 2018 – The Connecticut Office of Rural Health at Northwestern Connecticut Community College is sponsoring a Special Event, Healthcare in the College Years and Beyond, on Tuesday, December 4, from 12 noon-1 pm, in the Draper Conference Center. This presentation is designed to inform NCCC students about their health insurance options.
Janet Carlson, Executive Director of Health Pathfinder, will be the speaker on this very important subject. Health Pathfinder is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to helping people get access to affordable health insurance, advocacy and medicines, and has helped over 7,000 people in Litchfield County.
This presentation is designed to help attendees:
- Understand the Affordable Care Act and how it impacts you
- Understand WHY you need health insurance
- Find out how you can get affordable health insurance
- Find out about health insurance options
- Learn about the future of healthcare in CT.
For more information, please contact Janet Carlson at (860) 672-0043 ext. 111 or Lori Fedewa, Director, Connecticut Office of Rural Health at email@example.com.