Winsted – Northwestern Connecticut Community College announces the addition of many new classes aimed at helping business and industry navigate the new workplace environment created by COVID-19.
With the pandemic presenting numerous challenges for today’s workforce, supervisors and employees have realized that how they previously did business may not be the same. The New Normal poses many questions for businesses including:
- How do you motivate virtual workers and also address the emotional needs of essential workers?
- How do you increase employee confidence and skills for conducting presentations when dealing with a host of new virtual platforms?
- How do you lead in uncertain times?
All classes are available through the NCCC Workforce Development and Continuing Education office and will be conducted online with short-term and flexible scheduling.
“Northwestern is on the frontline of what we are calling new normal business training,” said Jane Williams, NCCC’s Workforce Development Director. “We are prepared to address the needs of businesses with motivational, interactive, and practical on-line training.”
Course titles being offered include:
- A (WhatsApp) to Z (Zoom) Virtual Presentation Skills;
- Everyday Leadership during Pandemic Culture;
- The Upward Mobility & Supervisory Skills Toolkit;
- Emotional Intelligence on the “Corona Coaster”; and many more.
For more information or to talk about a customized program that exactly meets your company’s needs, email Jane Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or Gary Carra at email@example.com.