NCCC Student Senate
The NCCC Student Senate is the governing body representing all students registered for credit courses. The group works to keep student body morale high at the same time fostering a close spirit of cooperation amongst Northwestern Connecticut Community College students, faculty and staff.
Spring 2020 Student Senate Meeting Calendar:
No on campus meetings will be held for the Spring 2020 Semester due to the Covid-19 Coronavirus Outbreak. The Student Senate will continue to meet on a as needed basis virtually. For questions contact the Director of Student Activities at 860-738-6344 or email@example.com.
What the NCCC Student Senate Does
- Serves as the official representative body for NCCC students.
- Represents student interests under the Student Senate Constitution.
- Student Senate By-Laws: Student Senate Bylaws
- Has the authority to make recommendations to the faculty and administration on matters regarding NCCC student welfare.
- Sponsorship of co-curricular programs from the revenue of the student activity fee.
- Charters student clubs and organizations, allocating funds to them for their activities.
- Holds weekly meetings open to all registered NCCC students. Meetings take place in GW 110.
All announcements concerning the Student Senate can be found in the Campus Voice. Please check it for updates and all the latest news. We encourage you to get involved in this important link between the students and the Northwestern Connecticut Community College community!
Student Senate Elections- Spring 2020
Student Senate Elections will be held virtually from April 27, 2020 through May 1st, 2020. More information to come.
For those interested in running, please email the Director of Student Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following by April 17th, 2020:
- Full name
- Student ID Number
- Office you wish to seek (see list below)
- 1 Paragraph Biography (No more than 750 characters) about who you are and why you want that position.
Senate Positions Available for Election for the 2020-2021 Academic Year:
- Vice President
- BOR Student Advisory Council Representative
- BOR Student Advisory Council Alternate Representative
Being a part of the Northwestern Connecticut Community College Student Senate is a great way to get involved with the NCCC community and truly make a difference. As a member of the Student Senate you are involved in key decisions that have a direct impact on NCCC’s student body.
Requirements for NCCC Student Senate Membership
- Any registered NCCC student with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 is eligible to run for a Student Senate seat. (For first semester NCCC students, the GPA requirement is waived.)
- Officer positions (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer.). require at least 12 credit hours and two semesters at NCCC. In addition, you must have served at least one semester in the Student Senate previously.
- All candidates must submit a petition to the existing NCCC Student Senate by April 17th, 2020.