The NCCC Student Senate is the governing body representing all students registered for credit courses. The group works to keep student body morale high at the same time fostering a close spirit of cooperation amongst Northwestern Connecticut Community College students, faculty and staff.
What the NCCC Student Senate Does
- Serves as the official representative body for NCCC students.
- Represents student interests under the Student Senate Constitution.
- Has the authority to make recommendations to the faculty and administration on matters regarding NCCC student welfare.
- Sponsorship of co-curricular programs from the revenue of the student activity fee.
- Charters student clubs and organizations, allocating funds to them for their activities.
- Holds weekly meetings open to all registered NCCC students. Meetings take place in GW 110.
All announcements concerning the Student Senate can be found in the Campus Voice and the Campus Calendar. Please check both for updates and all the latest news. We encourage you to get involved in this important link between the students and the Northwestern Connecticut Community College community!
Student Senate Elections
STUDENT SENATE ELECTIONS ARE APRIL 9TH THROUGH 13TH, 2018
Being a part of the Northwestern Connecticut Community College Student Senate is a great way to get involved with the NCCC community and truly make a difference. As a member of the Student Senate you are involved in key decisions that have a direct impact on NCCC’s student body.
Requirements for NCCC Student Senate Membership
- Any registered NCCC student with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 is eligible to run for a Student Senate seat. (For first semester NCCC students, the GPA requirement is waived.)
- Officer positions (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Corresponding Secretary) require at least 12 credit hours and two semesters at NCCC. In addition, you must have served at least one semester in the Student Senate previously.
- All candidates must submit a petition (Fall Senate Election Petition or Spring Senate Election Petition) to the existing NCCC Student Senate two weeks prior to the posted elections.