NCCC Student Senate
The NCCC Student Senate is the governing body representing all students registered for credit courses. The group works to keep student body morale high at the same time fostering a close spirit of cooperation among Northwestern Connecticut Community College students, faculty and staff.
Fall 2021 Student Senate Meeting Calendar
Student Senate will be meeting regularly on Tuesdays at 12 Noon in the Office of Student Activities (GW110). Times, Dates & Location are subject to change due to Covid-19 Protocols.
Fall Senate Calendar
September 7th, 14th, 28th
October 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
November 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
For questions contact the Director of Student Activities at 860-738-6344 or email@example.com.
What the NCCC Student Senate Does
- Serves as the official representative body for NCCC students.
- Represents student interests under the Student Senate Constitution.
- Student Senate By-Laws: Student Senate Bylaws
- Has the authority to make recommendations to the faculty and administration on matters regarding NCCC student welfare.
- Sponsorship of co-curricular programs from the revenue of the student activity fee.
- Charters student clubs and organizations, allocating funds to them for their activities.
- Holds weekly meetings open to all registered NCCC students. Meetings take place in GW 110.
All announcements concerning the Student Senate can be found in the Campus Voice. Please check it for updates and all the latest news. We encourage you to get involved in this important link between the students and the Northwestern Connecticut Community College community!
Being a part of the Northwestern Connecticut Community College Student Senate is a great way to get involved with the NCCC community and truly make a difference. As a member of the Student Senate you are involved in key decisions that have a direct impact on NCCC’s student body.
Requirements for NCCC Student Senate Membership
- Any registered NCCC student with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 is eligible to run for a Student Senate seat. (For first semester NCCC students, the GPA requirement is waived.)
- Officer positions (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer.). require at least 12 credit hours and two semesters at NCCC. In addition, you must have served at least one semester in the Student Senate previously.
Your Student Senate Leaders 2021-2022!
Student Senate President
Student Senate Treasurer
Student Senate Recording Secretary
Student Senate Corresponding Secretary