Business Management Certificate
Program Coordinator: Stacey Williams, 860.738.6427
This certificate program prepares students for entry-level positions in business organizations. It may also be beneficial to those who are interested in job advancement, a career change, or becoming an entrepreneur. Additionally, this program may be valuable to students seeking basic business knowledge and skills in order to prepare for entry into a B.S. or MBA degree program. All courses are applicable to an Associate in Science degree program in Business and Management Administration.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates should be able to:
- Apply a broad range of management concepts necessary to operate a business in today’s changing environment.
- Comprehend the risks and strategic moves management must take to assure success within today’s global environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Develop leadership skills and critical decision making techniques.
- Use financial statement analysis to make financial decisions.
- Work competently in teams and individually.
- Demonstrate appropriate human relations skills.
ACC* 113 Principles of Financial Accounting 3 credits
ACC* 117 Principles of Managerial Accounting 3 credits
BBG* 210 Business Communication 3 credits
BFN* 201 Principles of Finance 3 credits
BMG* 202 Principles of Management 3 credits
BMG* 220 Human Resource Management 3 credits
BMK* 201 Principles of Marketing 3 credits
Directed Business Elective* 3 credits