Child Development Associate Preparation
Program Coordinator: Michele Better, 860.738.6305
Successful completion of the Child Development Associate (CDA) preparation training program fulfills the CDA credential’s hourly education requirement and enables students to make application for the nationally recognized CDA Credential. The 12 college credits can also be applied to an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education.
Michele Better, firstname.lastname@example.org, 860.738.6305
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, (research-based NAEYC national standards) well-prepared early childhood graduates should know and be able to:
1. Promote and foster appropriate and ongoing child development and learning.
2. Build family, staff and community collaborative relationships.
3. Observe, document and assess to support young children and their families.
4. Create and implement developmentally and culturally appropriate learning opportunities for young children in a variety of teaching/ learning environments.
5. Become and engaging, reflective, intentionally practicing professional who demonstrates skills for advocacy.
ECE* 101 Intro to Early Childhood Education OR ECE* 141Infant/Toddler Growth & Development – 3 credits
ECE* 180 CDA Credential Preparation – 3 credits
ECE* 181 CDA Credential Preparation II – 3 credits
ECE* 182 Child Development – 3 credits
TOTAL CREDITS 12