NCCC COVID-19 CORONA VIRUS EMERGENCY RESPONSE AND PREPARATIONS
Updated July 9th, 2021
Vaccine Requirements – Please visit https://www.ct.edu/covid19#faqs
for information and answers to your questions regarding the recently passed Board of Regents Vaccination Mandate as it pertains to both students and employees.
Updated May 26th, 2021
Here are the latest guidelines and rules pertaining to protecting everyone while on campus. Beginning June 1st:
- First and foremost, employees and students who do not feel well should stay home and seek medical attention.
- Masks must be worn at all times EXCEPT in your office or cubicle or where there is 6 feet of separation between employees. Masks should always be on hand and worn whenever walking in and out of buildings, moving around common areas, and to and from their work stations.
- Masks must be worn at all times by employees who work in open office spaces or areas open to public unless they are able to maintain 6 feet of social distance from others, unless seated at an approved workstation with partitions.In small meetings or offices, masks are not required if all are vaccinated and agree by mutual consent that wearing is optional.In addition, employees and students should take advantage of opportunity to meet outdoors where fully vaccinated individuals can move freely without their masks. Those who are unvaccinated should continue to wear a mask outdoors when they are in a crowd, at a large event, or in a public place where keeping their distance from others is difficult.See the DPH/CDC recommendations based on vaccine status https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/Coronavirus/Community_Resources/Vaccinations/Print-Materials/Fact-Sheets/COVID_Rules_Vaccinated.pdf
The link above provides a very useful guide for all students in the spring 2021 semester, with information on all college services.
Summer and Fall 2021 Phased Re-opening Plan (updated 4/27/21)
Beginning on June 1, 2021, Northwestern Connecticut Community College will start a phased re-opening over the summer months leading to a fully open campus starting on Monday, August 16th.
- Buildings/Offices (June 1st – July 5th)
- All other offices and buildings will remain locked throughout the day. Staff will generally be expected to be on campus at least one day per week.
- Buildings/Offices (July 6th – August 15th)
- Student Services, located in Greenwoods Hall, will be open Monday through Friday with staff coordinating staggered coverage so at least one staff member is available each day. The Greenwoods building will be opened each morning and will remain unlocked throughout the day.
- All other offices on campus will be opened as needed to allow access according to the Covid-19 Room Requests but buildings will remain locked throughout the day and not be accessible to students or the public without an appointment.
- Staff in positions that directly interact with students will be expected to be on campus 2 to 3 days per week depending on the office. Other staff positions will be expected to continue to be on campus at least 1 day per week but this will vary and is subject to departmental needs and supervisor approval.
- Buildings/Offices (Monday, August 16th)
- As of August 16th, all staffing will be at or near 100% capacity on campus to prepare for the start of the Fall semester on August 26th. All buildings will be open during normal business hours.
- Social Distancing
- Summer Semester – distancing in classrooms and offices will remain at 6-feet.
- Fall Semester – Distancing in classrooms and offices will be reduced to 3-feet, but will follow appropriate state and federal guidelines, which frequently change generally requiring less distancing.
- Masks will continue to be required in all public spaces for anyone who is NOT fully vaccinated. For those who are fully vaccinated, masks are not required in campus buildings, except when entering/exiting and while in public areas.
- Summer and Fall 2021 schedules are now available online.
We will be holding Enrollment Days in the Arts & Sciences Building.
Review brief CDC Information videos
- Knowing the symptoms and who to contact
- Protecting yourself and others to help prevent the spread of germs
As of June 1st, 2021 the entry-exit form will not longer be required to be filled out.
CSCU COVID-19 Mask & Social Distancing GuidelinesHelpful Resources and Links