NCCC COVID-19 CORONA VIRUS EMERGENCY RESPONSE AND PREPARATIONS
Updated May 11th, 2021
Updated April 27th, 2021
The link above provides a very useful guide for all students in the spring 2021 semester, with information on all college services.
Summer and Fall 2021 Phased Re-opening Plan (updated 4/27/21)
Beginning on June 1, 2021, Northwestern Connecticut Community College will start a phased re-opening over the summer months leading to a fully open campus starting on Monday, August 16th.
- Buildings/Offices (June 1st – July 5th)
- Student Services, located in Greenwoods Hall, will re-open on a limited, appointment-only basis to students effective June 1st and continuing through July 5th. Greenwoods Hall will remain locked throughout the day and all staff will be required to complete a Covid-19 Room request form to gain access. Students, Staff, and Faculty must continue to complete the entry/exit form each time they visit this building.
- All other offices and buildings will remain locked throughout the day and all staff will be required to complete a Covid-19 room request form to gain access. Students, Staff, and Faculty must continue to complete the entry/exit form each time they visit these buildings.
- Staff will generally be expected to be on campus at least one day per week.
- Buildings/Offices (July 6th – August 15th)
- Student Services, located in Greenwoods Hall, will be open Monday through Friday with staff coordinating staggered coverage so at least one staff member is available each day. The Greenwoods building will be opened each morning and will remain unlocked throughout the day. The entry/exit form will no longer be required for staff and students entering or exiting the Greenwoods building.
- All other offices on campus will be opened as needed to allow access according to the Covid-19 Room Requests but buildings will remain locked throughout the day and not be accessible to students or the public without an appointment. Students, Staff, and Faculty must continue to complete the entry/exit form each time they visit these buildings.
- Staff in positions that directly interact with students will be expected to be on campus 2 to 3 days per week depending on the office. Other staff positions will be expected to continue to be on campus at least 1 day per week but this will vary and is subject to departmental needs and supervisor approval.
- Buildings/Offices (Monday, August 16th)
- As of August 16th, all staffing will be at or near 100% capacity on campus to prepare for the start of the Fall semester on August 26th. All buildings will be open during normal business hours.
- Social Distancing
- Summer Semester – distancing in classrooms and offices will remain at 6-feet.
- Fall Semester – Distancing in classrooms and offices will be reduced to 3-feet, but will follow appropriate state and federal guidelines.
- Masks will continue to be required in all public spaces including classrooms and offices throughout both the Summer and Fall semesters. All faculty and staff have been notified of this requirement and their responsibility to wear masks at all times while on campus except in private offices with solo occupancy.
- Summer and Fall 2021 schedules are now available online.
We will be holding Enrollment Days in the Arts & Sciences Building.
1. Anyone entering a building must wear a mask
2. STUDENTS Please review STUDENT specific instructions.
3. EMPLOYEES Please review EMPLOYEE specific instructions.
4. Review brief CDC Information videos
- Knowing the symptoms and who to contact
- Protecting yourself and others to help prevent the spread of germs
5. Anyone who is entering or exiting the campus MUST complete the Entry/Exit Health Questions form each time that they are on campus, by scanning the QR code which links to the entry/exit form below.
CSCU COVID-19 Mask & Social Distancing GuidelinesHelpful Resources and Links