Checking-in and Checking-out of NCCC Campus Buildings
The coronavirus pandemic has changed the way normal operations at the NCCC campus must be done.
State of Connecticut guidelines require that all employees and students must comply with the following:
- If you have been outside of the country or have visited one of the States on the Governor’s list – you need to self-quarantine for 14 days. During that time, do not enter any campus building.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (coronavirus) – do not enter any campus building.
- If you have any of the symptoms, please stay home and notify your supervisor or instructor that you are not feeling well and need to stay home. Contact the COVID-19 Coordinator at 860-738-6409 (Rick Coutant) for information on where to get a COVID-19 test, and to get a helpful packet on what you should do and the resources available to you in your area.
One of the most important pieces of helping stop the spread of this virus, is to perform contact tracing.
Northwestern CT Community college is working together with the CT Department of Public Health, and they are requiring us to keep track of every person that enters a building.
A Campus Access Form was created to keep track of what buildings are being accessed – this information will allow us to get you help if you need it.
In order to help people get to that form quickly, QR codes have been placed on the outside of all building entrances. It looks like this:
and here’s a picture of the code on a campus door:
To use that code, open the Camera app on your relatively current smartphone (if you have one), and hold it up to the code (you don’t need to take a picture of it). When you point the camera to the QR Code, a message will pop up, asking you if you want to open the form – just tap that link.
Here’s what it looks like on an iPhone:
Checking-in and out is ONLY to determine who was in the same area at the same time, so that the college can help you if someone reports that they have contracted the coronavirus. The information collected will only be used if there is a report of someone being sick.
The data is being collected only to inform the CT Department of Public Health in the event we have a reported case on campus.
Where you fill this out, is up to you. All that is recorded is your Name, date, NETID, the building entered/exited and the answers to the questions.
- Yes you may fill it out at home, and then come in
- Yes you may fill it out when you get to your office computer
- You should NOT fill it out for OTHERS – because there is a personal acknowledgement that the answers are true – and it is your agreement to the terms of entry. Please fill this form out YOURSELF.
If someone was sick, and you were in the same room at the same time – it would be in your best interest to have filled out the form, so that we can inform you, and get you information about getting tested, and what to do next.
Thank you for your help in keeping our community safe!