All students who arrive on campus (visitors are restricted from building access) must comply with the following:
- Complete the training sessions listed below.
- If you have been outside the country or to any of the restricted States on the Governor’s list, you must self-quarantine for 14 days after returning to Connecticut and cannot enter any campus building.
- Check-in/out required each day here: Campus Access Form (For easy access – QR codes are at all building entrances) Instructions on how to use the QR codes can be found on our website.
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet of distance from all other people, at all times while on campus
- Wear a face covering over the mouth and nose, at all times while on campus – if an individual does not have a face covering, contact your Instructor or Supervisor to be provided one.
- Any individual that refuses to comply with the above requirements will be instructed to leave campus and reported to the Dean of Academic & Student Affairs for violations to the Code of Student Conduct. Violations can range from a warning to expulsion from the college.
- Students are highly recommended to wear face coverings while riding public transit.
Throughout the course of the day, any student that develops symptoms must be instructed to immediately return home and contact their healthcare provider. If the student cannot immediately leave:
- The student will be isolated from all others – preferably outside the building (weather permitting), or in the lobby area.
- Contact the COVID-19 Coordinator at 860-738-6409, to have them escorted to the campus quarantine area to await transportation.
- Wear a face covering at all times.
- Restrict the number of personnel entering isolation areas.
Instructors have taken the following steps to be flexible in accommodating for absenteeism
- Actively encourage sick students to stay home to protect other students and employees.
- Do not require a healthcare provider’s note for students who are sick with acute respiratory illness to validate their illness.
- Maintain flexible policies that permit students to stay home to care for a sick family member.
COVID-19 Safety Training
- All students coming on campus must complete the following two short training forms:
- If additional training is required, students will be notified by the Associate Dean of Campus Operations.