How to Clear Your Browser Cache:
- In Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, point to Safety, and then select Delete browsing history.
- Choose the types of data or files you want to remove from your PC, and then select Delete.
Tip: Remove the check next to “Preserve Favorites website data” and be sure to check both “Temporary Internet Files” and “Cookies” – then click Delete. When complete, a notification will come up at the bottom of the window saying it has successfully cleared your cache and cookies.
In Chrome (from Google support)
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
In Safari (from Apple support)
- In the Safari app on your Mac, choose History > Clear History, then click the pop-up menu.
- Choose how far back you want your browsing history cleared.
In Firefox (from Mozilla support)
- Click the menu button and choose .
- Select the panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click
- Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data.
- For more information about managing site data, see Manage local site storage settings.
- With Cached Web Content check marked, click the button.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
Click the Library button , click and click . Next to Time range to clear, choose Everything from the drop-down menu, select Cache in the items list, make sure other items you want to keep are not selected and then click the button. See this article for details.