Creating a Service Ticket in the Service-Now Portal
To request any IT service, the fastest way to get help is to use the ServiceNow portal. Here’s how:
- Go to https://cscu.service-now.com/sp
- In the upper right corner, click “Login” and log in with your NETID and current password
- Click on “Get Help”
- Fill in the urgency (3 means you need this on a normal timeframe, 2 means you need this by the end of the day, 1 means you need this in less than an hour)
- Fill in the short description – key words
- Next: Describe the issue you are experiencing – please include any detail that you think will be helpful in diagnosing your issue.
- Make any attachments (screen shot or related documents) and hit submit
Once you hit submit, we will do our best to fulfill your request as quickly as we can.
If your request involves ordering equipment, it may take some time to completely fulfill.
Since we are a small department, we try to have fast and personal responses to your requests, but please do not email or call IT staff directly for service requests.
Any requests made directly to IT staff will be delayed, and will receive the lowest priority.
If your issue prevents you from logging into the portal, please call us at 860-738-6367.
If this is outside normal hours, you may be able to get help from the 24/7/365 hotline: 860-723-0221