Northwestern Connecticut Community College is looking for talented people to join our faculty and staff. If you are highly-motivated and enjoy a college campus environment – in the beautiful Northwest Corner – NCCC may be the place for you. Please check our current openings below and see if one might be a good fit for you!
NCCC Employment Opportunities
- Interpreter for the Deaf (Multiple Per Diem Positions)
- For Fall and Spring Semesters
- Minimum Qualifications: Graduated from Interpreter Training Program AND passed the RID Written Exam
- Preferred Qualifications: Possess RID certification: NIC, NAD Level III or above; Experience interpreting college-level courses; Must be on the DORS Registered Interpreter List to be considered for a position
- Compensation (Hourly rate plus 2 hours paid preparation time per week for each scheduled course):
- Pre-Certified (ITP and Written): $35.00 per hour
- Certified: $50.00 per hour
- Click Here for Job Announcement and Application Instructions
Adjunct Instructors/Part-Time Lecturers (Days, Evenings, Weekends & Online)
NCCC is developing an applicant pool for potential Part-Time Lecturers in all subject areas which may become available in the next academic semester.
- Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree in the discipline or related field, plus two (2) years of college teaching experience
- Minimum Salary/Compensation: $1,631 – $1,754 per credit hour
- Please specify discipline/subject area in your cover letter
- Application Deadline: Continuous Recruitment
- Click Here for NCCC Adjunct Faculty Job Announcement
Part-Time Nursing Clinical Faculty (Less than 20 hours/week, Days & Evenings)
- Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field; Current CT RN License; College teaching experience and/or related work experience preferred
- Minimum Salary/Compensation: $81.77 per hour
- Application Deadline: Continuous Recruitment
Non-Credit Lecturers/Continuing Education & Workforce Development
The degree requirements for NCCC Non-Credit Instructors, hours per week, and salary varies depending on the position.
- Business and Professional Development: Finance; Bookkeeping; Communications; Leadership; Management; Supervision and Team Building
- Computer Technology: QuickBooks; Cyber Security; Mobile Apps; Networking
- Manufacturing: Math and Metrology; Blueprint Reading
- Trades: Construction and Green Technology; OSHA
- Registered Nurses: Part-time temporary or per-diem instruction in varied health programs
- Nurses’ Aide – Clinical: Requires two years of recent nursing home experience supervising Certified Nursing Assistants. Day, evening and some Saturday shifts.
- Hospital Patient Care Technician: Experience in phlebotomy or acute care medical/surgical settings
How To Apply
Please submit the following application materials to NCCC:
- Letter of Intent (If applying for Adjunct teaching positions, please specify discipline/subject area)
- Names of three (3) Professional References (including current supervisor)
- Unofficial Transcripts from each Degree-Granting Institution (Official Transcripts will be required upon hire)
- NCCC/CSCU Employment Application
Only complete application packages will be accepted for consideration. All job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Via Email or Fax:
(860) 738-6494 FAX
Via Mailing Address:
Northwestern Connecticut Community College
ATTN: Human Resources Office
2 Park Place East
Winsted, Connecticut 06098
For other employment opportunities within the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System, please visit the CSCU website at: http://www.ct.edu/hr/employment
For other employment opportunities within the State of Connecticut, please visit the DAS website.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Northwestern Connecticut Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, sex, including pregnancy, sexual harassment and sexual assault, marital status, national origin or ancestry, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, workplace hazards to reproductive systems, present or past history of mental disability, intellectual disability, learning disability or physical disability in its programs and activities. In addition, the College does not discriminate in employment on the basis of veteran status or prior criminal record. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Ruth Gonzalez, Director of Student Development, (Title IX and Section 504/ADA Coordinator) Northwestern Connecticut Community College, Park Place East, Winsted, CT 06098, Green Woods Hall, (860) 738-6315, RGonzalez@nwcc.edu