The Northwestern Connecticut Community College Library is here to serve the information needs of our faculty and staff. We offer a wide array of resources and services to better serve our campus community. Located in the Learning Resource Center, the NCCC Library is a modern facility that serves the NCCC community as well as the greater community of Litchfield County and beyond.
Library Services: An A-Z Guide
Visit the faculty services guide
Information Literacy Instruction
Information Literacy is the heart of the mission of the NCCC Library. Information Literacy Instruction (ILI) is the practical outcome of this mission. Library staff is dedicated to providing thorough instruction tailored to the needs of classes and individual students.
- Information Literacy Instruction at NCCC takes place in the Library Lab (LRC 208).
- Instruction is customized to the needs of the class. Tool-based instruction may focus on how to use electronic research databases, the library catalog, and so on. Librarians also help students narrow their interests down to a researchable, thesis-sized topic; or to distinguish between popular and peer-reviewed material. Classes are also interactive, and emphasize hands-on work with the students.
- To ensure that our instruction librarians have adequate time to prepare, please submit your requests for Information Literacy Instruction at least one week in advance.
- A copy of your course syllabus, a description of the research assignments required of your class(es), and/or any other information should be sent to us at least three business days prior to the session.
Library or faculty-owned materials may be placed in the Reserve Collection at the request of faculty members and are used only by students. These materials circulate for one of four loan periods: in-library use only, overnight, 2-day or 7-day. Faculty and students may access the Reserve Collection at the Front Desk. Items may be found in the Library’s online catalog. For more information, please contact Ann Marie Hyres, 860.738.6479.
Inter-Library Loan Services
The Library maintains a physical collection of nearly 35,000 items and a collection of nearly 145,000 electronic books. To better serve the needs of the NCCC faculty and staff, the Library offers inter-library loan when necessary items are not found in the Library’s collection. Please allow a minimum of ten business days for fulfillment of loan requests. For more information, please contact Jeremy Withnell, 860.738.6478.
Your Library Account
You may access your NCCC library account through our catalog. This feature allows you to see your borrowed items, see when borrowed items are due, renew items (DVDs are non-renewable), and see when inter-library loan requests are available for pick up.
Book/Material Purchase Request
The NCCC Library maintains a collection that supports the information needs of our NCCC community and beyond. Materials are purchased which support the programs and courses offered at NCCC. Items are carefully selected in accordance with our Collection Development Policy and available funding. We do value the recommendations of faculty and staff.
New Books/Materials in the Library
The Library continues to build our collection by purchasing high-quality materials. To view the latest additions to the collection, visit the New Books section of the library.
Hours, Contact, Staff
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday – 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday/Sunday – Closed.
- Telephone: 860.738.6480
- Text-a-Librarian: 860.735.4623 (Text only)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org