Northwestern Gallery Hosts Faculty Show
Winsted, CT – Northwestern CT Community College will host the faculty show Beyond the Classroom in the Gallery at Founders Hall, November 17 through December 16. An artist’s reception is scheduled for Thursday, November 17, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. The gallery and reception are both open to the public.
Digital Media and Design instructor, Deb Kline, said the show came about to offer students insight into what faculty do in their creative space outside the classroom. “We picked pieces we felt we could talk about with our students – work that highlighted process and/or working practices,” she said. “This show is very student focused and will offer students first-hand experience of their professors’ materials, process, and ideas, and is aimed at promoting discussion in the classroom.”
- Educational Assistant and ceramic artist, Hunter Cady, whose current ceramic work explores soda fired surfaces, which inform the vessels he makes.
- Adjunct Faculty and painter, Bridget Eileen Grady, whose work reflects her love of animals and the magical realm of the natural world.
- Adjunct Faculty and ceramic artist, Monica Hewryk, whose states her work is intrigued by the investigation of control in creating form, endless surface finishes, and the use of contrasting colors and textures within her work.
- Deb Kline, strategic brand builder and designer known for connecting design with purpose and intent who says her role at Northwestern helps to keep her work current and in touch with emerging talent.
- Instructor of Art and Hudson Valley artist, Courtney Puckett, whose found object and repurposed textile assemblages integrate her sculpture and craft practices.
Gallery hours are Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information about the exhibit please contact Gallery Coordinator and Graphics Design Instructor, Deb Kline at email@example.com.
For Immediate Release
Contact: Susan Stiller