Northwestern Connecticut Community College offers fully online courses and hybrid courses – a blend of online and face-to-face instruction. Online courses are for motivated NCCC students looking for some flexibility in reaching their educational goals. They have the same objectives and demand the same commitment of time and effort as their on-campus counterparts – they just don’t meet on specific days or times
More About Online Learning at NCCC
- Courses generally operate on weekly assignments with specific due dates.
- Hybrid courses combine on-campus, face-to-face learning with online learning resulting in a reduction in classroom seat time.
- OLCR is an Online Course with a Campus Requirement for meetings or assessments.
- Watch this brief video for an orientation to Blackboard course design tools and features. Navigating Blackboard Learn
- View other video tutorials at the ConnSCU EdTech Training Channel on YouTube, and at the Blackboard Inc. Channel for Instructors.
- Attend a Training Workshop for detailed instructions on how to incorporate Bb tools into your course. Check the current schedule of workshops across the ConnSCU system at https://calendar.ct.edu/ or contact Bev King at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Learning Helpful Links
NetID Password Reset
Navigate Your Course in Blackboard Learn
Blackboard FAQs for Students/Faculty
Find Online and Hybrid Courses Offered this Semester
If you have questions about Online Learning at NCCC, please contact Bev King, Director of Educational Technology, at 860.738.6323