Registering for classes at Northwestern Connecticut Community College is quick and easy! There are four simple ways to go about registering at NCCC.
How To Register for Classes at NCCC
Northwestern is operating under special conditions as a precaution due to the coronavirus COVID-19. Please note that we are unable to accommodate walk-in, fax-in, or mail-in registration at this time. While our campus buildings are closed to students and the public for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester, we are available via email to assist you with registration. You can email Kris Kennedy, email@example.com or Debra Zavatkay, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Below are instructions for how to register and pay online
- Go to my.commnet.edu
- Login using your NetID and password.
- Click “Banner Student and Faculty Self Service”
- Click “Registration”
- Select term
- Class registration
- Submit changes
- Follow prompts for payment. Click this link Payment and Payment Plan Directions for instructions on how to make payments and set up payment plans.
Need more information about Online Learning?
Learn more about Online Learning.
CT Residents who are 62 years of age or older may be eligible for a tuition waiver provided there is space available in the course on the first day of classes. Registration Forms will be accepted by senior citizens and held. We will process the registrations in the order in which they are received a few days before the semester begins.
- Tuition, College Service Fees, Student Activity Fees and Application Fees are waived. Lab Fees and Studio Fees will not be waived and must be paid at the time of registration.
- To be assured a seat in the class, senior citizens have the option of registering and paying in full during the normal registration period.
- Classes can be taken for a grade or as an audit.
- You can submit the Senior Citizen Registration Form to us by mail or come to the Registrar’s Office to complete one.
- If you have any questions, you can call the Registrar’s Office at 860-738-6314 or 860-738-6312.
Some Important Information
Drop & Withdrawal Deadlines
NCCC students wishing to drop or withdraw from courses must complete the proper form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office. Forms must be received by 4:30 p.m. on the following deadlines.
Fall 2020 Deadlines:
- Tuesday, August 25th – Last day to Drop with a 100% tuition refund
- Tuesday, September 8th – Last day to Drop with a 50% tuition refund
- Tuesday, November 10th – Last day to Withdraw (no refund)
Dropped courses do not appear on the student’s transcript.
Fees are not refunded.
Refunds are not granted for withdrawals.
Authorization to withdraw from a course is granted by the Registrar after a student has submitted a completed Withdrawal Form by the deadline. Follow up is the responsibility of the student. Consult the NCCC College Catalog for additional information. No refunds are granted during the withdrawal period.
A student who misses the withdrawal deadline and has the instructor’s permission to withdraw from a course may file an appeal for withdrawal after the deadline. The student must submit a completed Appeal for Withdrawal After the Deadline form, including the instructor signature, to the Registrar’s office by the last day of regular classes. No late forms accepted.
General Fund Refund Policies
Full tuition is refunded if written notice of drop is received by the Registrar the Friday before the semester begins (see dates above). All cancelled classes are refunded if no alternative course is indicated. Fees are not refunded except in the case of course cancellation.
Extension Fund and Summer Course Refund Policies
The Extension Fund Tuition is refunded if written notice of drop is received by the Registrar no later than 4:30 p.m. on the day prior to the first day that the class meets.
Summer Tuition is refunded only if the class is dropped the business day prior to the start of the session for your class. There are no refunds once the session begins.
- The NCCC College Services Fee and the NCCC Student Activity Fee are not refundable.
- Refunds are not granted after NCCC classes have begun.
- All cancelled classes at NCCC are refunded if no alternative course is indicated.
- Refund policies are set by the Board of Trustees for the Community-Technical Colleges.
- Refund checks are issued by the State Comptroller’s Office and take up to six weeks to process after classes begin.