The Team Success Scholars program at Northwestern Connecticut Community College is a program designed for Student Success. The program helps young adults between the ages of 18 and 24 to achieve their educational and career goals. We are a tightly-knit cohort of community college students who benefit from mentoring, academic tutoring, career and educational guidance, financial assistance with tuition, books, and transportation, paid internships, on-campus employment, and merit stipends.
Our success speaks for itself.
- Average cohort: 28 students
- Average GPA is 2.88
- Degree or Workplace Credential Attainment: 100%
- Average Time to graduation: 2-3 years
- Guaranteed Internship Work Experience
- Community Service Participation: 100%
This program is a Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) youth funded program, administered through the Northwest Regional Workforce Investment Board (NRWIB) .
Interested in joining us? Click here to apply: APPLICATION for Team Success Scholars program
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are now only accepting applications online. All interviews will be video based.
It is strongly encouraged to submit your application before the deadline, as the program is very competitive, and applications are reviewed on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis. In addition to this application, supporting documents are required*. All documents must be in your application packet before your on interview. Video interviews will be scheduled once your application packet is complete. Only complete application packets will be considered. Deadline for completed application packets is June 1st.
*Supporting documents required for a completed Team Success Scholars application packet:
- Customer Information Sheet (download and complete)
- High school transcripts
- One letter of recommendation
- Drivers license, Permit, or CT ID
- Social Security card
- Green Card
- Birth Certificate (all members in household)
- Most recent pay stub (all members in household)
- Disability documentation (IEP, 504)
- NOTE: Applicants must have applied to NCCC, and completed their FAFSA
Once your application packet is complete, you will be called in for an interview. The final Team Success Scholars cohort is determined in early July.
* Mail complete applications to:
Susan R. Dichter, Program Director
Northwestern CT Community College
Park Place East
Winsted, CT 06098
For more information on becoming an NCCC Team Success Scholar, please contact Susan Dichter, Program Director, at: 860.738.6335.
Current NCCC students: complete the Achieving the Dream (ATD) Survey here: