The Team Success Scholars program at Northwestern Connecticut Community College is a program designed for Student Success. The program helps young adults between the ages of 18 and 24 to achieve their educational and career goals. We are a tightly-knit cohort of community college students who benefit from mentoring, academic tutoring, career and educational guidance, financial assistance with tuition, books, and transportation, paid internships, on-campus employment, and merit stipends. Check us out on Facebook!
This program is a Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) youth funded program, administered through the Northwest Regional Workforce Investment Board.
Our Success speaks for itself.
- Average cohort: 25 students
- Average GPA is 2.88
- Degree or Workplace Credential Attainment: 100%
- Average Time to graduation: 2.5 years
- Guaranteed Internship Work Experience
- Community Service Participation: 100%
We are looking for gritty young adults who want to take charge of their future. Success can be You! Take the next step and APPLY TODAY:
- STEP 1: Start the application here: APPLICATION to Team Success Scholars program
- STEP 2: Collect all supporting documents*, and scan to digital format.
- STEP 3: Upload all documents to our secure online portal (LINK WILL BE HERE – check back for live link).
DEADLINE: JULY 1st for application & all supporting documents.
- Customer Information Sheet (download, complete and sign)
- High school transcript
- One letter of recommendation
- Drivers license, Permit, or CT ID
- Social Security card
- Green Card
- Birth Certificate (all members in household)
- Most recent pay stub (all members in household)
- Disability documentation (IEP, 504)
THE NEXT STEP: Applications are reviewed, and interviews with finalists scheduled. Students interview with us in early July, with final candidates selected mid-July. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. We are now only accepting applications online. DO NOT email or mail documents to us.
For more information on becoming an NCCC Team Success Scholar, please contact Susan Dichter, Program Director, at: 860.738.6335. (Email is best during the COVID pandemic).
Current NCCC students: complete the Achieving the Dream (ATD) Survey here: NCCC ATD Survey