Weather Procedures and Policies – 2020-21 School Year
During periods of inclement weather when the NCCC campus shifts to virtual operations, the following procedures and policies will apply:
Operations will continue as follows:
- All scheduled virtual and in-person classes will be held online.
- Level 1 (essential) staff are required to report at their normal work times.
- Non-Level 1 staff and administrators will telework from home. For more information about work procedures during winter weather events. See information below on work procedures.
- Students with clinical rotations, internships or other in-person off-campus commitments are to follow the requirements of their host agency.
- All scheduled on-campus events are postponed.
- Bookstore, library, etc. will be accessed online.
Snow Parking Restrictions: Level 1 employees coming to campus will be directed to park in designated areas. All other employees are to remove cars from no-covered parking areas to facilitate snow removal.
Non-Level 1 Employee Work Procedures/Policies:
- Faculty are asked to transition any planned on-ground classes and/or exams to remote learning modalities. Faculty must ensure their students are aware that there will be no classes on campus or activities. Faculty unable to make the transition to an online learning modality must notify their respective Dean/Director immediately to determine what, if any, action may be needed to ensure we comply with classroom instructional hours and/or required make up time/exams.
- Staff that are not Level 1 employees and have demonstrated a history of the ability to telework are not required to come to campus and should make plans with their supervisor to provide services remotely. We ask you to use your best judgment in your decision should you elect to come to campus.
- Staff that are not level 1 employees and have not demonstrated an ability to telework, we ask you to speak with your supervisor. You will not be required to come to campus or use accrued time if you elect to remain at home. You will receive instruction on how to complete your timesheet at a later time.
- We want to remind you that all employees are expected, during your normal working hours, to remain available to receive and respond to communications via email, Webex, Teams and other methods, attend scheduled meetings, and perform other job related duties as you have done on days when you are scheduled for telework.