Weather Procedures and Policies – 2021-22 School Year
This academic year, with a complex mix of online and on-campus classes, severe weather creates additional complications for students who do not have the required technology to be able to shift fully online. For this reason, we will revert to our former policy of closing the campus during any significant weather event and allow employees and students to remain home.
During periods of inclement weather the NCCC campus will follow the procedures and policies below:
If the College closes due to severe weather:
- Level 1 (essential) staff are required to report at their normal work times.
- Non-Level 1 staff and administrators will remain home and all classes will be cancelled.
- Students with clinical rotations, internships or other in-person off-campus commitments are to follow the requirements of their host agency.
- All scheduled on-campus events are postponed.
- Bookstore, library, etc. will be accessed online.
Snow Parking Restrictions: Level 1 employees coming to campus will be directed to park in designated areas. All other employees are to remove cars from no-covered parking areas to facilitate snow removal.
Non-Level 1 Employee Work Procedures/Policies:
- Faculty are asked to remain home and too ensure that their students are aware of the college closure and the class policy relating to work online, that will be determined by each individual faculty member.
- Students are asked to familize themselves with the policies as defined by their instructors and to pay close attention to announcements (described below) as to when the college will re-open.
- Staff that are not Level 1 employees are not required to come to campus and should remain home. There is no longer a requirement to telework during a college closure.
- Please continue to check announcements on when the college will re-open. These announcements will be posted as follows:
- NWCC.edu website
- College email
- Text message
- NBC30 TV Station
- WFSB TV Station (Channel 3)
- Fox 61 TV Station
- WZBG Radio Station